Goals are personal action plans that celebrate your uniqueness! Goals may seem similar to others, but the reason you set your particular goal is unique to you.
The reason why you want to accomplish a goal is the force behind accomplishment tailored specifically to you.
Dedicate time to discovering why you want to accomplish a certain goal and the action plan will develop. You will set steps in motion to achieve your goal or develop your positive habits.
I’d love to hear what goal you are working on! Share below or email me email@example.com
Today my journal planner is 40% OFF! Find more about it here.
The unique calendar journal (planner) will help guide you on your daily journey during this ‘year in the life of…’ YOU.
There are a variety of opportunities for gift giving, but especially this time of year! Below are a few of my favorite ideas, most priced under $5 (all under $15).
Discount stores (dollar shops, etc.) offer lots of gift set ideas reasonably priced.
Add tissue paper & a nice bag, box or basket:
1. Mug & hot chocolate mix, tea, or coffee
2. Notebook or journal & pen set
3. Speciality soap & sponge or loofah
4. Bargain book & highlighter
5. Cozy socks & lotion
6. Candle & room spray
7. Wall calendar & planner
8. Nail polish & file in a cloth bag
9. Glass bowl & candy variety
10. Playing cards & word search book
11. A Year in the Life of…planner journal for goal defining & tracking (created by me, available here !)
What other inexpensive gift ideas can you share??
To show my gratitude & excitement I want to give-away a FREE copy or two of my new journal!
Do you like to journal, are you a list person, are you focusing on a goal or three or four? My journal is a perfect gift for yourself or a friend!
- Follow my Successencourager blog, if you are not already (my posts are all about encouraging your goal success!)
- Comment below by sharing a goal topic you’d like to focus on or are currently focusing on
- Enter no later than Saturday Nov. 17th (winners contacted by Nov. 22nd)
Winners will be contacted and asked to provide a mailing address for the journal to be shipped to.
*Sorry, US entries only. Shipping is only available to United States addresses right now (international options in the future!)
What are you winning exactly? – My unique journal will help guide you on your daily journey during this ‘year in the life of…’ The word ‘of’ can simply be followed up by your name or by what you are focused on being this year; being healthier, a writer, a student, an artist, a creator, a business owner, a traveler, a doer. It’s YOUR year. With this goal-focused journal guide, you can celebrate accomplishments, easily create action steps, stay focused & motivated and even reach beyond your comfort zone & try new things while journaling your thoughts and action plan.
Want a copy NOW or to give as a gift? – On sale NOW at 25% off! Find it at Lulu.
Thank you so much for your support and encouragement! Keep goaling!
For daily inspiration follow me on Instagram (successencourager)!
Setting a goal should feel encouraging, empowering, renewing! A goal should not cause stress. Pushing your limits can feel a bit uncomfortable, but should not be so stressful that you dread doing it. A goal or positive habit should bring you closer to your self, promote self-care and self-love. Goal setting is not about searching out the most popular goal trend and following it. Goal setting is a form of soul searching!
Get excited and discover what truly makes you happy, brings you joy and fills your life with purpose. Then incorporate steps that are doable with your current lifestyle allowing those steps to evolve as you evolve. Listen and be in tune with your wellbeing and allow your goals to encourage that focus.
What goal are you setting to focus on your wellbeing?
In another post, I defined the word empower and a few other words. I’ve been asked to give more details and focus on the actions needed to accomplish goals. Taking action toward a goal that will bring more joy to your life is how you create the future you truly want. Your goals create you. Taking action empowers you. As simple or grand as your goals may seem they are uniquely yours; uniquely you.
One form of action is to learn as much as you can about what your passion and what brings you joy. Ask yourself:
- What hobby or activity brings me the most joy and/or peace?
- Do you feel relaxed when you create? What is your favorite creative outlet (writing, drawing, baking, crafting, etc.)?
- Is there a class or online tutorial I can take to advance my skills even further toward this hobby or activity?
- Are there clubs or groups that I can join to help incorporate this into my daily routine and become even more comfortable with it?
Another form of action is to set goals that promote your own well-being. Questions to ask:
- What life category do you feel is the most important right now at this time your life? For example, if Spirit is the most important to you right now have you set aside time to meditate, journal, stretch or truly unwind at the end of each day? What goals can you set and easily fit into your current daily routine that promotes your own well-being? What time of day can you dedicate to accomplishing this goal or these goals?
- Do you have someone in your support circle to set this goal with that is encouraging?
Action empowers you to create the life you want to live. First defining your goal focus and then creating just one step daily that gets you closer to that focus gives you control to accomplish what is most important to you. Check out my week-long process in my previous post if you need to define your main goal focus.
I’m very excited about my newest project and I will be giving away a copy of my goal journal very soon!!!
Keep goaling and reach out and let me know what goal you are focused on right now!
Recently, I defined the words self-care, selfish and empowerment. Continuing with that theme I’d like to encourage more self-love through goal-setting. Why goal-setting? Because it’s the first step to encourage action toward what brings you joy! Once you set a goal you can start taking the steps to make that goal a reality. Focusing on your passion/dream/goal is the best way to create peace and empowerment. It allows a process to start in motion and brings opportunities for accountability and accomplishment. It’s got self-love written all over it 🙂
Goals typically fall in a few broad categories. My personal categories that I use are:
- Well-being – Mental and physical health; stretching, walking, meditation, conscious eating, plenty of water. Ask yourself – What are my health goals, what are my limits?
- Spirit – Self-care, gratitude journaling, positive affirmations, create, hobbies. Ask yourself – What brings joy and peace? What nourishes me?
- Circle – Mutual relationships that allow you to give and receive support; family, friends, work friendships, recovery groups, clubs or hobby groups. Ask yourself – Who balances with me? Who supports me and invites my support?
- Productivity – Daily routine; work, volunteering, caregiver, budgeting, learning. Ask yourself – What is my current daily schedule (define it). What do I want my future schedule or routine to look like and consist of?
Once you define your most important goal and research the first few steps needed to make it a reality, dedicate time to accomplishing it and celebrate each progress…life will change; you will change…you will be giving much self-love to yourself and trust me, you’ll thank yourself for doing so!
I personally benefit from keeping a journal/calendar to track my progress and keep my to-do lists organized. I’ve been working on a project slowly for a couple of years and look forward to sharing it with everyone very soon! Hint hint…it’ll be giveaway time worthy! I’ll announce that soon! (So excited and giddy, I can hardly hide it).
What goal are you focused on right now? Do you have time dedicated to it daily or maybe weekly? How empowered are you feeling right now?? Comment below or send me an email.
Whether you have read about Why Not Wednesday and the other goal-setting days of the week or aren’t sure what I’m talking about I encourage you to celebrate your accomplishments this weekend. Even if your accomplishments were focused on determining what goal or positive routine you want to start and you haven’t taken any steps yet. Acknowledging a goal or new habit is a huge accomplishment!
This weekend (or during a free moment next week) focus on the one thing you want to accomplish right now or new habit you want to incorporate and fill in the blanks:
- My motivation is (fill in this blank) – so I can (fill in this blank)
- My motivation is better health so I can be more active with my friends and family.
- My motivation is to write daily so I can publish my novel finally.
- My motivation is to be a certified nutritionist so I can work for myself and share my passion for health with others.
- My motivation is to save more money each month so I can travel to a national park next year.
When you change the word ‘goal’ to motivation it helps you see it more clearly and by answering ‘so I can…’ it forces you to focus on your ‘why’ and outcome. For me personally, motivation gets me more excited and determined than the word ‘goal’.
Once you have your goal/motivation set and focus on your why you can develop your action plan (to do list) easier.
Using the last example above you could start your action plan with:
- Research transportation methods and costs to the state you want to visit
- Tally up all costs related to trip then figure out how much you need to save each week.
- Start putting together trip agenda
- Discover the best time of year to travel there
- Open up a new savings account to better track savings.
What is your current motivation?
Photo by Martin Shreder via Unsplash.com