No matter how many posts or quotes I share about goal setting I am always working on the main one with a few others floating around in my mind! Goals are works in progress. Some may be completed, but other branches of that goal extend out and need attention. For example, a goal to lose 10 pounds doesn’t completely end after those 10 pounds are gone. That accomplishment most likely requires maintenance and serves as a catalyst for other positive habits and goal setting.
I have talked about categories before and more about those can be found here. Categories help me focus, organize my main focus and helps me stay accountable. My current goal is a blend of productivity and spirit (most categories overlap).
My goal setting encouragement journal was a work in progress for almost three years (some brainstorming started before that!). Sharing something with the world that I am so very passionate about has truly fed my spirit. The challenges have strengthened me, I’m truly grateful for the amazing relationships I have built and beyond excited that I actually have a printed version of a dream turned into a reality! This goal is far from complete though; it’s certainly a work in progress.
This goal has inspired several other goals. Through the challenges and lack of a mass sell out I have discovered so much about myself & looking forward to much more discovery! Without all of the mini goals and celebrated accomplishments, I could have lost focus. Even as I type this I am working on a cover re-design; (goals are works in progress)!
Your goal is unique to you. Your why is personal to you. No matter how grand or simple your goal may seem, it’s worth your attention and dedicated time. It’s part of you, it’s part of your journey that will create your future.
Live with intention (defined as a determination to act in a certain way and to live with a plan). I encourage you to focus daily on creating your joy and peace. You are capable and worthy. Whether you focus on a category, a personal or professional goal, or a dream you keep thinking about. Take action. Create the steps. Celebrate accomplishments!
I’d love to hear what current goal you are working on! Share in the comments below or email me at email@example.com. Find me on Instagram for daily encouraging quotes.
You can purchase my goal setting journal here. With revised cover and currently 25% off; under $15!
Thanks for reading and following!
To show my gratitude & excitement I want to give-away a FREE copy or two of my new journal!
Do you like to journal, are you a list person, are you focusing on a goal or three or four? My journal is a perfect gift for yourself or a friend!
- Follow my Successencourager blog, if you are not already (my posts are all about encouraging your goal success!)
- Comment below by sharing a goal topic you’d like to focus on or are currently focusing on
- Enter no later than Saturday Nov. 17th (winners contacted by Nov. 22nd)
Winners will be contacted and asked to provide a mailing address for the journal to be shipped to.
*Sorry, US entries only. Shipping is only available to United States addresses right now (international options in the future!)
What are you winning exactly? – My unique journal will help guide you on your daily journey during this ‘year in the life of…’ The word ‘of’ can simply be followed up by your name or by what you are focused on being this year; being healthier, a writer, a student, an artist, a creator, a business owner, a traveler, a doer. It’s YOUR year. With this goal-focused journal guide, you can celebrate accomplishments, easily create action steps, stay focused & motivated and even reach beyond your comfort zone & try new things while journaling your thoughts and action plan.
Want a copy NOW or to give as a gift? – On sale NOW at 25% off! Find it at Lulu.
Thank you so much for your support and encouragement! Keep goaling!
For daily inspiration follow me on Instagram (successencourager)!
If you are not sure what a “Why Not Wednesday” means, you can read about it and the rest of the week here. It’s an exciting opportunity to start working toward a goal you want to accomplish!
After several conversations with friends and colleagues, one main topic is a desire for a better morning routine. So let’s focus on some details.
Why Not Wednesday is a perfect day to define what a perfect morning routine would look like. It might look something like one of these:
- I want to read 10 pages of a book each morning and meditate for 15 minutes without interruption. Why – Because I have a long book list and have not been able to find time to finish a book in a long time and it brings me joy. Meditation will help me decrease my stress. Once my stress is less I can focus on more goals!
- I want to meditate and do yoga before work each morning. Why? I feel stiff and tired most days. I think meditation will help clear my mind and yoga will help me relax and stretch my muscles.
- I want to wake up in time to make a healthy breakfast before I leave for work. Why? I don’t eat as healthy as I’d like once I leave my home. Eating at home will be healthier, cheaper and provide a creative outlet since I love to cook!
- I want to start walking in the mornings with my spouse. Why? We have talked about it for a long time, but never committed to actually doing it. I know we will enjoy the quiet time together and once we feel healthier we can focus on other exercise goals and maybe even train for our first marathon together!
- I want to write 10 pages of the novel that I have put off for way too long. Why? It’s quiet in the morning and I could easily get up 30 minutes earlier and only write, no edits, just write every day. Once I finish my draft, I can edit and submit it to an agent!
- I want to paint the sunrises in the mornings. Why? Painting has always relaxed me and mornings are quiet and offer nature in a beautiful light. Once I have a few finished I might try to sell them at a local craft show!
See how each “I want” is followed up with a why? And how some of those lead to other goals. That is how it should be…one goal should inspire others!
Why Not is the first step (it’s that simple!). You don’t have to figure it all at once. Have you defined a goal today? Congratulations! Share it below! I encourage you to start tossing around ideas for Tackle it & Transform Thursday.