Your happiness is unique to you and so are the goals that encourage that happiness. Setting unique goals that put you closer to your positive future self without knowing every single outcome takes bravery. Be brave. Trust yourself. Make a commitment to your personal process and dedicate time to your goals and self-discovery.
Once committed, you will discover you are so much stronger than the limits you put upon yourself.
Identifying why a goal is important to you, the happiness it will bring, and the first few steps needed to get started will lead to your self-defined future. Identification of your happiness is a form of self-care and helps you create a goal-setting action plan unique to you.
Pause – Take a moment and think about actions in life that bring you the most joy.
Are your actions incorporated into your daily or weekly routine? What is keeping you from dedicating more time to those actions? How can you dedicate more time?
Set goals that challenge you and encourage you to define and identify your happiness.
Both professional and personal goals require commitment and dedicated time. Take a few moments to write out your typical daily and weekly schedule. Seeing your schedule in print will help you identify timeframes that work best for your unique situation and help you focus on your discovery.
What main goal focus will encourage more happiness and growth? I’d love to hear what you are focused on and how you stay focused. Connect via Instagram (successencourager), email me or comment below.
Thank you so much for reading and following!
The simple phrase ‘be you‘ can seem quite complicated. It’s a phrase, mantra, and question that is asked so often and encouraged in daily social media quotes. I am a huge fan of the phrase, it’s simple to say….yet it’s a bit more time consuming to define. I have had several conversations with several personality types that struggle with this ‘simple’ phrase, including myself.
So just how do you ‘be you‘?
- Goal-setting that is unique to you. I have talked about a week-long process for goal defining and setting in past posts and strongly encourage self-discovery through goal-setting. To set a goal means you realize what you want to accomplish and what will bring you joy. Even if you do not have a concrete action plan in place exploring what makes you happy is a huge accomplishment and process. Defining yourself through unique goals brings you closer to being your authentic self.
- Focus on self-care. I believe goals and self-care go hand and hand. Self-care is acknowledging your mental, emotional, and physical well-being need attention. Overall health and happiness are keys to being yourself. When you embrace the areas in your life that need your attention, you can ‘be you’ comfortably. Part of self-care that encourages ‘being you’ is meditation and focusing on your thoughts; being mindful.
- Surround yourself with a supportive circle. Ask yourself – Who balances with me? Who supports me and invites my support? Does this circle embrace and encourage your unique self? Do you encourage uniqueness in return? Find a support circle that is a good balance of a unique group.
- Learn. Expand your knowledge by researching and learning about what you find of interest. Study and perfect certain hobbies or professional development. I encourage you to reach beyond your comfort zone and learn something new as often as you can. Learning helps you express your uniqueness and builds confidence.
There are several tips shared via articles, blog posts, social media discussion boards, etc. I think the four above sum up the basics and are realistic to incorporate without getting too time-consuming or complicated. I’d love to hear how you focus on being you! Send me an email or comment below!
Also, I’m excited to announce that my goal focused journal planner is now complete & available in small batch printing!!! This planner even has a section to record your weekly recap, current read and daily focus (wellbeing, spirit, etc.)! My excitement about seeing a completed goal in print form is beyond measure and my gratitude to all of those encouraging me and supporting me extends to all visiting my sites! The planner is currently 25% off.
Questions? Comment below or email me – email@example.com
Setting a goal should feel encouraging, empowering, renewing! A goal should not cause stress. Pushing your limits can feel a bit uncomfortable, but should not be so stressful that you dread doing it. A goal or positive habit should bring you closer to your self, promote self-care and self-love. Goal setting is not about searching out the most popular goal trend and following it. Goal setting is a form of soul searching!
Get excited and discover what truly makes you happy, brings you joy and fills your life with purpose. Then incorporate steps that are doable with your current lifestyle allowing those steps to evolve as you evolve. Listen and be in tune with your wellbeing and allow your goals to encourage that focus.
What goal are you setting to focus on your wellbeing?
In another post, I defined the word empower and a few other words. I’ve been asked to give more details and focus on the actions needed to accomplish goals. Taking action toward a goal that will bring more joy to your life is how you create the future you truly want. Your goals create you. Taking action empowers you. As simple or grand as your goals may seem they are uniquely yours; uniquely you.
One form of action is to learn as much as you can about what your passion and what brings you joy. Ask yourself:
- What hobby or activity brings me the most joy and/or peace?
- Do you feel relaxed when you create? What is your favorite creative outlet (writing, drawing, baking, crafting, etc.)?
- Is there a class or online tutorial I can take to advance my skills even further toward this hobby or activity?
- Are there clubs or groups that I can join to help incorporate this into my daily routine and become even more comfortable with it?
Another form of action is to set goals that promote your own well-being. Questions to ask:
- What life category do you feel is the most important right now at this time your life? For example, if Spirit is the most important to you right now have you set aside time to meditate, journal, stretch or truly unwind at the end of each day? What goals can you set and easily fit into your current daily routine that promotes your own well-being? What time of day can you dedicate to accomplishing this goal or these goals?
- Do you have someone in your support circle to set this goal with that is encouraging?
Action empowers you to create the life you want to live. First defining your goal focus and then creating just one step daily that gets you closer to that focus gives you control to accomplish what is most important to you. Check out my week-long process in my previous post if you need to define your main goal focus.
I’m very excited about my newest project and I will be giving away a copy of my goal journal very soon!!!
Keep goaling and reach out and let me know what goal you are focused on right now!
Self-care comes in several forms; goal setting and positive habits are just two forms. How do you practice self-love? How much time do you dedicate to self-care? What does your future look like and how are you working toward that vision?
I think there are some misconceptions about what self-care truly means.
Self-care is defined as “self-care is any necessary human regulatory function which is under individual control, deliberate and self-initiated,” by Wikipedia.
And ‘selfish‘ is defined as “concerned excessively or exclusively with oneself: seeking or concentrating on one’s own advantage, pleasure, or well-being without regard for others,” by Merriam- Webster.
While we are on definitions I’d like to confirm one other one; Empower – “to encourage and support the ability to do something and to give someone official authority or the freedom to do something,” according to dictionary.cambridge.org/us.
SO how better to empower ourselves and others than through self-care?
- Learn as much as we can about what we are passionate about.
- Set and accomplish goals that will promote our own well-being so we can either care for others or encourage others to focus on their own well-being
- Create art, resources, tips, and guides, and share it all with others
How is any of that selfish or self-centered? It’s time to focus on goals and empowering not only yourself but those around you and those seeking information and encouragement.
It can be difficult to take a leap and begin the work needed to achieve a goal. Any type of goal can be life changing; focusing on your health, changing careers, starting a relationship or business, writing a novel, etc. Even a chosen change can bring on a bit of stress. Goals are fluid though, they change as you need them to, they do not happen overnight and you have complete control.
This is one of my favorite quotes – You can’t edit a blank page. As a writer I have sat in front of many blank screens and notepad pages and felt renewed when the page becomes alive with thoughts translating into words, paragraphs and scenes.
You don’t need to be a writer to understand a blank page cannot be edited. A goal cannot be achieved or adjusted if it’s never started. I’ve shared some realistic daily steps for goal setting here. If you are looking for a sign to get started, I hope this provides some encouragement as you read. You have the strength and willpower. Anyone that says you can’t do something simply sees their own limitations and fears.
Goals are personal, even if it seems like a common goal such as get healthier or start a business, no one starts this goal focus for the exact same reason or achieves results in exactly the same way.
- Find your why; the reason you want to focus on your goal and the future you envision. Keep that ‘why’ close to you throughout your journey.
- Dedicate time to your goal and the steps needed; small steps are still steps!
- Embrace your reason, your way, and your uniqueness.
- Find your circle of support!
- Take care of yourself no matter what type of goal you work toward, support your own mental and physical wellbeing. Caring for yourself is never selfish
What is your focus? What are you filling your page with? Remember, you’re capable, you’re unique and you have the willpower!