Setting a goal should feel encouraging, empowering, renewing! A goal should not cause stress. Pushing your limits can feel a bit uncomfortable, but should not be so stressful that you dread doing it. A goal or positive habit should bring you closer to your self, promote self-care and self-love. Goal setting is not about searching out the most popular goal trend and following it. Goal setting is a form of soul searching!
Get excited and discover what truly makes you happy, brings you joy and fills your life with purpose. Then incorporate steps that are doable with your current lifestyle allowing those steps to evolve as you evolve. Listen and be in tune with your wellbeing and allow your goals to encourage that focus.
What goal are you setting to focus on your wellbeing?
In another post, I defined the word empower and a few other words. I’ve been asked to give more details and focus on the actions needed to accomplish goals. Taking action toward a goal that will bring more joy to your life is how you create the future you truly want. Your goals create you. Taking action empowers you. As simple or grand as your goals may seem they are uniquely yours; uniquely you.
One form of action is to learn as much as you can about what your passion and what brings you joy. Ask yourself:
- What hobby or activity brings me the most joy and/or peace?
- Do you feel relaxed when you create? What is your favorite creative outlet (writing, drawing, baking, crafting, etc.)?
- Is there a class or online tutorial I can take to advance my skills even further toward this hobby or activity?
- Are there clubs or groups that I can join to help incorporate this into my daily routine and become even more comfortable with it?
Another form of action is to set goals that promote your own well-being. Questions to ask:
- What life category do you feel is the most important right now at this time your life? For example, if Spirit is the most important to you right now have you set aside time to meditate, journal, stretch or truly unwind at the end of each day? What goals can you set and easily fit into your current daily routine that promotes your own well-being? What time of day can you dedicate to accomplishing this goal or these goals?
- Do you have someone in your support circle to set this goal with that is encouraging?
Action empowers you to create the life you want to live. First defining your goal focus and then creating just one step daily that gets you closer to that focus gives you control to accomplish what is most important to you. Check out my week-long process in my previous post if you need to define your main goal focus.
I’m very excited about my newest project and I will be giving away a copy of my goal journal very soon!!!
Keep goaling and reach out and let me know what goal you are focused on right now!