I have set a goal to read 26 books in 52 weeks. You can read more about it and join in here.
I have a shelf of books I have wanted to read, but haven’t yet. I will also be asking for reading suggestions and visiting my local library to pick up suggestions there as well!
My first read (in no particular order) is Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I bought this book about two years ago at a book store that was going out of business and the store owner pointed out that she purchased it for the shop because it was the book that the main character chased after in the movie Serendipity…I loved that movie and the book was priced so reasonably how could I NOT buy it!?
I’m looking forward to reading it and posting my progress. I’ll post more on Instagram as well. If you’d like to join in the discussion please connect with me on Instagram and use #26reads52weeks. I can’t wait to see what everyone will be reading!
Also, I’m excited to announce that my goal focused journal is now complete & available in small batch printing!!! My excitement about seeing a completed goal in print form is beyond measure and my gratitude to all of those encouraging me and supporting me extends to all visiting my sites!
Tell me about your reading goal below or a goal you plan on focusing on this week, month or year.
Questions? email me – email@example.com
I hope you have been enjoying the weekly goal setting tips. If you missed the first post check it out here!
I’ve enjoyed hearing from so many of you as you share goals! Several of you have shared the desire to read more! Whether it’s for self learning/education and personal growth or to escape into a fictional world for a few minutes or few hours it’s been a popular topic!
If reading or reading more is one of your goals or something you’d like to treat yourself to more often I encourage you to visit your local public library (in person or online) and discover some new releases or close your eyes and pick one out of your own collection.
Reading just a few pages a day can easily turn into a book a month – a 300 page book can be read in a typical month by reading just 10 pages a day!! Imagine what you could learn or discover in 12 new reads a year!
Places to read:
- Lunch break
- While waiting for an appointment
- On the bus or subway
- During a child’s sport’s practice or music lesson
- Waking up earlier in the morning or setting aside time each evening
- Audio books open up many other options; while driving, working out, during certain routine job tasks, etc.
And if you are the adventurous reader looking for a unique personalized reading discovery I encourage to join my fun (or silly) new adventure – The Book Muse Society!
What is The Book Muse Society?
Since I enjoy combining my love of bargain hunting and reading I’d like to share that joy with an opportunity for fellow readers through the book muse society. For those who enjoy the mystery of discovering new authors and books including options for adult, young adult, and children!
How does it work?
- Email me with the subject line Book Muse Society – say hello and why you are interested.
- I’ll personally respond with a few questions about your reading preferences, genre likes and dislikes, etc.
- I’ll go on the hunt and search out an interesting gently used book surprise chosen just for you!
- All gently used books will be like new or very good condition. Some books will be in new condition, recently published or well known classic and/or popular reads.
- For a small fee to cover the book cost, shipping, packing and time I will send you the surprise treasure wrapped with an encouraging quote and positive challenge.
- Enjoy the reading discovery and let me know a few of your favorite book quotes
- Also, makes a unique gift for adults or children!
- Currently, only available in the United States (due to costs). I hope to expand this in the near future!
The official launch will be announced soon through a free giveaway for two winners to receive free personalized book discoveries! Details coming very soon!
Whether you are interested in a gently used unique treasure or not, I encourage you to read as often as you can, learn as much as you can and read out of your comfort zone now and then!
What are you reading?