How do you define or discover your uniqueness? If we are all unique individuals and have our own personal journey then what magic formula can ‘fit us all’?
There is no magic formula to becoming the best version of yourself. You do not need my permission to evolve into your highest self. You simply need your permission and self-love. Love yourself so much you dedicate time to your joys; learn to listen to your inner voice and take action to encourage it.
There are so many learning styles, goals, definitions of happiness and processes to create the future that is unique to each of us. By empowering ourselves to discover our personal uniqueness and encourage others to discover theirs, we define what being valued looks and feels like. We not only respect differences we embrace and encourage them.
The formula is unique for each of us, yet requires one common thread – – – Time…dedicated time. Acknowledge what completes you, what brings you joy, what burns inside of you and dedicated time to your journey; encourage your uniqueness.
What is your unique process to focus on your goals?
Also, I’m excited to announce that my goal focused journal planner is now complete & available in small batch printing!!! This planner even has a section to record your weekly recap, current read, daily focus (wellbeing, spirit, etc.), and is simply published so you can personalize it for your own unique journey! My excitement about seeing a completed goal in print form is beyond measure and my gratitude to all of those encouraging me and supporting me extends to all visiting my sites! The planner is currently 15% off.
Questions? Comment below or email me – email@example.com
The simple phrase ‘be you‘ can seem quite complicated. It’s a phrase, mantra, and question that is asked so often and encouraged in daily social media quotes. I am a huge fan of the phrase, it’s simple to say….yet it’s a bit more time consuming to define. I have had several conversations with several personality types that struggle with this ‘simple’ phrase, including myself.
So just how do you ‘be you‘?
- Goal-setting that is unique to you. I have talked about a week-long process for goal defining and setting in past posts and strongly encourage self-discovery through goal-setting. To set a goal means you realize what you want to accomplish and what will bring you joy. Even if you do not have a concrete action plan in place exploring what makes you happy is a huge accomplishment and process. Defining yourself through unique goals brings you closer to being your authentic self.
- Focus on self-care. I believe goals and self-care go hand and hand. Self-care is acknowledging your mental, emotional, and physical well-being need attention. Overall health and happiness are keys to being yourself. When you embrace the areas in your life that need your attention, you can ‘be you’ comfortably. Part of self-care that encourages ‘being you’ is meditation and focusing on your thoughts; being mindful.
- Surround yourself with a supportive circle. Ask yourself – Who balances with me? Who supports me and invites my support? Does this circle embrace and encourage your unique self? Do you encourage uniqueness in return? Find a support circle that is a good balance of a unique group.
- Learn. Expand your knowledge by researching and learning about what you find of interest. Study and perfect certain hobbies or professional development. I encourage you to reach beyond your comfort zone and learn something new as often as you can. Learning helps you express your uniqueness and builds confidence.
There are several tips shared via articles, blog posts, social media discussion boards, etc. I think the four above sum up the basics and are realistic to incorporate without getting too time consuming or complicated. I’d love to hear how you focus on being you! Send me an email or comment below!
Also, I’m excited to announce that my goal focused journal planner is now complete & available in small batch printing!!! This planner even has a section to record your weekly recap, current read and daily focus (wellbeing, spirit, etc.)! My excitement about seeing a completed goal in print form is beyond measure and my gratitude to all of those encouraging me and supporting me extends to all visiting my sites! The planner is currently 25% off.
Questions? Comment below or email me – firstname.lastname@example.org
It can be difficult to take a leap and begin the work needed to achieve a goal. Any type of goal can be life changing; focusing on your health, changing careers, starting a relationship or business, writing a novel, etc. Even a chosen change can bring on a bit of stress. Goals are fluid though, they change as you need them to, they do not happen overnight and you have complete control.
This is one of my favorite quotes – You can’t edit a blank page. As a writer I have sat in front of many blank screens and notepad pages and felt renewed when the page becomes alive with thoughts translating into words, paragraphs and scenes.
You don’t need to be a writer to understand a blank page cannot be edited. A goal cannot be achieved or adjusted if it’s never started. I’ve shared some realistic daily steps for goal setting here. If you are looking for a sign to get started, I hope this provides some encouragement as you read. You have the strength and willpower. Anyone that says you can’t do something simply sees their own limitations and fears.
Goals are personal, even if it seems like a common goal such as get healthier or start a business, no one starts this goal focus for the exact same reason or achieves results in exactly the same way.
- Find your why; the reason you want to focus on your goal and the future you envision. Keep that ‘why’ close to you throughout your journey.
- Dedicate time to your goal and the steps needed; small steps are still steps!
- Embrace your reason, your way, and your uniqueness.
- Find your circle of support!
- Take care of yourself no matter what type of goal you work toward, support your own mental and physical wellbeing. Caring for yourself is never selfish
What is your focus? What are you filling your page with? Remember, you’re capable, you’re unique and you have the willpower!
I hope you have been enjoying the weekly goal setting tips. If you missed the first post check it out here!
I’ve enjoyed hearing from so many of you as you share goals! Several of you have shared the desire to read more! Whether it’s for self learning/education and personal growth or to escape into a fictional world for a few minutes or few hours it’s been a popular topic!
If reading or reading more is one of your goals or something you’d like to treat yourself to more often I encourage you to visit your local public library (in person or online) and discover some new releases or close your eyes and pick one out of your own collection.
Reading just a few pages a day can easily turn into a book a month – a 300 page book can be read in a typical month by reading just 10 pages a day!! Imagine what you could learn or discover in 12 new reads a year!
Places to read:
- Lunch break
- While waiting for an appointment
- On the bus or subway
- During a child’s sport’s practice or music lesson
- Waking up earlier in the morning or setting aside time each evening
- Audio books open up many other options; while driving, working out, during certain routine job tasks, etc.
And if you are the adventurous reader looking for a unique personalized reading discovery I encourage to join my fun (or silly) new adventure – The Book Muse Society!
What is The Book Muse Society?
Since I enjoy combining my love of bargain hunting and reading I’d like to share that joy with an opportunity for fellow readers through the book muse society. For those who enjoy the mystery of discovering new authors and books including options for adult, young adult, and children!
How does it work?
- Email me with the subject line Book Muse Society – say hello and why you are interested.
- I’ll personally respond with a few questions about your reading preferences, genre likes and dislikes, etc.
- I’ll go on the hunt and search out an interesting gently used book surprise chosen just for you!
- All gently used books will be like new or very good condition. Some books will be in new condition, recently published or well known classic and/or popular reads.
- For a small fee to cover the book cost, shipping, packing and time I will send you the surprise treasure wrapped with an encouraging quote and positive challenge.
- Enjoy the reading discovery and let me know a few of your favorite book quotes
- Also, makes a unique gift for adults or children!
- Currently, only available in the United States (due to costs). I hope to expand this in the near future!
The official launch will be announced soon through a free giveaway for two winners to receive free personalized book discoveries! Details coming very soon!
Whether you are interested in a gently used unique treasure or not, I encourage you to read as often as you can, learn as much as you can and read out of your comfort zone now and then!
What are you reading?
If you are not sure what a “Why Not Wednesday” means, you can read about it and the rest of the week here. It’s an exciting opportunity to start working toward a goal you want to accomplish!
After several conversations with friends and colleagues, one main topic is a desire for a better morning routine. So let’s focus on some details.
Why Not Wednesday is a perfect day to define what a perfect morning routine would look like. It might look something like one of these:
- I want to read 10 pages of a book each morning and meditate for 15 minutes without interruption. Why – Because I have a long book list and have not been able to find time to finish a book in a long time and it brings me joy. Meditation will help me decrease my stress. Once my stress is less I can focus on more goals!
- I want to meditate and do yoga before work each morning. Why? I feel stiff and tired most days. I think meditation will help clear my mind and yoga will help me relax and stretch my muscles.
- I want to wake up in time to make a healthy breakfast before I leave for work. Why? I don’t eat as healthy as I’d like once I leave my home. Eating at home will be healthier, cheaper and provide a creative outlet since I love to cook!
- I want to start walking in the mornings with my spouse. Why? We have talked about it for a long time, but never committed to actually doing it. I know we will enjoy the quiet time together and once we feel healthier we can focus on other exercise goals and maybe even train for our first marathon together!
- I want to write 10 pages of the novel that I have put off for way too long. Why? It’s quiet in the morning and I could easily get up 30 minutes earlier and only write, no edits, just write every day. Once I finish my draft, I can edit and submit it to an agent!
- I want to paint the sunrises in the mornings. Why? Painting has always relaxed me and mornings are quiet and offer nature in a beautiful light. Once I have a few finished I might try to sell them at a local craft show!
See how each “I want” is followed up with a why? And how some of those lead to other goals. That is how it should be…one goal should inspire others!
Why Not is the first step (it’s that simple!). You don’t have to figure it all at once. Have you defined a goal today? Congratulations! Share it below! I encourage you to start tossing around ideas for Tackle it & Transform Thursday.
I want to share my realistic daily steps for setting & accomplishing goals, it also works for starting a new positive habit, because it’s time to focus on your goals!
Anyone can use this method…
- If you have a goal you are currently working toward & want to stay focused
- If you want to start a new goal or positive habit, but unsure how to start
- Or if you are searching for something meaningful to dedicate time to
The steps I’m sharing with you are ones that you can put into place each day and each week whether just starting a new goal or habit or wanting to stay focused on a current one. Each day allows an opportunity to take a step toward the future you want, the goal you want to accomplish or the new positive habit you want to start. These easy to follow steps make it easy to add to your daily routine and you can use this over and over with any goal or habit!
You can start on any day, but I like utilizing Wednesday as a start day…why? It’s a good mid-week point, but I don’t really have a scientific reason why! There is no right or wrong day to start working toward accomplishing your goals! You can adjust this as needed.
Let’s get started!
- Why not Wednesday – Define what you want to focus on, something you are passionate about or confirm what you keep thinking about, but have not quite committed to yet. Define it in one or two sentences and include at least one ‘why’. Example – I want to focus on my health and feel better. Why? – So, I can be more active with my family or participate in more outdoor activities, run a marathon or travel more. Once committed you can move forward with steps and actions toward it. Even if it’s a year or five year goal, defining your goal or habit is the most important step. You can set aside time in the morning, over lunch or in the evening to focus, but don’t overthink this definition, most likely you have a main goal in mind. If you find yourself unable to focus on just one, write down a few and then be honest with which one you are most excited about and focus on that one this week. If you need help focusing please contact me and I can help with some tips!
- Tackle it & Transform Thursday – How will this goal or new habit transform me or my future? What is my expected outcome? Envision your goal or habit in motion (tackling it), how do you want it to transform you personally? Example – When I’m healthier I can train for that marathon my sister and I always wanted to run together. When I’m healthier I can spend more active time with my spouse, children, grandchildren, friends…When I’m healthier I can travel more and go hiking. When I’m healthier I can feel better and start another new goal or habit.
- Focus on it Friday – Research tools and resources needed to accomplish your goal or start your new habit. Do you need to study or complete certification to accomplish it or using the health example above – I plan on exchanging my fast food breakfast each morning with a smoothie so I’m going to buy a blender or get mine out of storage. I plan on incorporating more steps into my day and want new shoes or a step tracker. Maybe you want to join a gym or find a walking partner. Discover what you need to start your goal, again don’t overthink it, just what you need to get started then adjust as needed as you grow and succeed. Keep the list short for now.
- Celebrate successes on Saturday and Sunday – I encourage you to spend some weekend time celebrating successes on Saturday and Sunday! Review what you have already accomplished; confirm your mindset toward your goal, envision how your future will look with the goal or new habit in place, seek out at least one resource and get ready for Make it Monday!
- Make it Monday – Create a list of a few steps that will get you started. I suggest a to-do list with about three steps, but no more than five to start. Example – Purchase groceries to take for lunch instead of eating out. Walk each morning or evening for 30 minutes. Make a smoothie for breakfast each morning and be more conscious of meals and snacks. Cook at home at least 3 nights a week. The steps you choose are ones that are simple to incorporate into your personal unique lifestyle. Make these steps realistic for you and don’t make all the changes at once. Add in other steps once you are comfortable with these; once the to do list becomes a comfortable part of your routine.
- Try it Tuesday – Try the to-do list you created. Put action behind your goal defining and research! Start turning your goal or new habit into reality. Celebrate the week of work you have already put in and keep going! Add your to-do list to your daily routine! Don’t get upset if you miss a day or something comes up, just pick up where you left off, just don’t quit!
You can use this same method to track your success, stay focused and motivated by adjusting as follows –
- Why not – confirm your goal instead of defining it, confirm why you are focused on this particular goal/habit
- Tackle it – How is this goal or new habit transforming me? What outcome am I experiencing?
- Focus on it – Are the tools and resources I’m using working for me? Do I need other tools or resources, what would make this more productive?
- Successful Saturday and Sunday – Continue celebrating accomplishments, fitting in additional time for your goal or habit as time allows. Share successes with friends or track online or in a journal. Confirm your mindset toward your goal and accomplishments.
- Make it – Keep creating a weekly list of what you need to accomplish your goals. Once that list is a comfortable routine, add to it. I suggest each weekend creating your weekly list to stay focused.
- Try it – Stay focused on your to-do steps and incorporate new ones as you feel comfortable. Stay active toward your goal or habit! Remember, celebrate those successes!!!
I suggest keeping a weekly calendar or journal to record your steps and celebrate your accomplishments! Join me in the daily journey with doable steps, tips & encouragement! Share your progress below or email me at email@example.com.
Thank you for reading! For more details about services, tips and professional experience check out my ABOUT ME page!
June 7, 2018
Your rare appearance the other day was actually a welcome sight. I have spent years avoiding meetings with you even taking a longer path or avoiding a journey entirely at just the slight chance we may have briefly interacted.
I’ve grown over the years though. I’ve learned from heartache, forgiven my wrongs and those of others and grown confident despite my insecurities. Through these lessons I have realized just how beautiful you are.
Without knowing you, learning from you and sharing that knowledge with others there is no way to truly discover love. Without your insights I don’t think I’d truly know myself which is key in letting others know me.
Your teachings are valued beyond what my words can express. Thank you for the enlightenment. I believe we will be seeing a lot more of one another, my dear friend.
More information about me on my ABOUT ME Page!