I have been working on a goal project for over two years. So much of that time was spent on editing, organizing and trying to clearly share my focus. I am so happy and excited to announce this vision, those thoughts, the passion…is now a reality!!
I want to share my passion for goal-setting, goal-focusing and the importance of goal-progress celebration with a giveaway –
- I am giving away FOUR unique electronic personalized goal seal badges to help you focus on your current goal!
- TO ENTER simply become a follower of my blog, if not already
- and post a comment in this post below with your favorite positive quote and the keyword “Giveaway“
- and email me your goal focus or current mantra to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once winners are randomly selected I will ask you to email me more details and confirm your email address to send the electronic badge to.
- Goal seals are electronic jpg formatted attachments. The format is similar to the featured image of this post, but the image, colors, and text will be unique to you and your goal.
- DEADLINE to Enter is Friday, Oct. 12th, 2018. Winners contacted by Monday, Oct. 15th, via email.
What exactly is a goal seal? It is a personalized electronic ‘badge’ created personally for you with your current goal focus or mantra. Seals encourage accountability, action plan steps, focus and as a reminder to celebrate your goal progress!
- You can print your unique badge and display it for daily motivation
- Share via your favorite social media site
- Even use it on email signatures or as your personal logo
- Share your badge or simply use it for your own personal motivation
- Final unique badge sent to you via email – JPG format (easy to download and use a variety of ways!).
- Goal seals make unique special gifts for yourself or friends and can be purchased at a low introductory rate of just $5!!
I look forward to hearing from you and celebrating your current goal focus!!!
Recently, I defined self-care, selfish and empowerment. Continuing with that theme I’d like to encourage more self-love through goal-setting. Why goal-setting? Because it’s the first step to encourage action toward what brings you joy! Once you set a goal you can start taking the steps to make that goal a reality. Focusing on your passion/dream/goal is the best way to create peace and empowerment. It allows a process to start in motion and brings opportunities for accountability and accomplishment. It’s got self-love written all over it 🙂
Goals typically fall in a few broad categories. My personal categories that I use are:
- Well-being – Mental and physical health; stretching, walking, meditation, conscious eating, plenty of water. Ask yourself – What are my health goals, what are my limits?
- Spirit – Self-care, gratitude journaling, positive affirmations, create, hobbies. Ask yourself – What brings joy and peace? What nourishes me?
- Circle – Mutual relationships that allow you to give and receive support; family, friends, work friendships, recovery groups, clubs or hobby groups. Ask yourself – Who balances with me? Who supports me and invites my support?
- Productivity – Daily routine; work, volunteering, caregiver, budgeting, learning. Ask yourself – What is my current daily schedule (define it). What do I want my future schedule or routine to look like and consist of?
Once you define your most important goal and research the first few steps needed to make it reality, dedicate time to accomplishing it and celebrate each progress…life will change; you will change…you will be giving much self-love to yourself and trust me, you’ll thank yourself for doing so!
I personally benefit from keeping a journal/calendar to track my progress and keep my to-do lists organized. I’ve been working on a project slowly for a couple of years and look forward to sharing it with everyone very soon! Hint hint…it’ll be giveaway time worthy! I’ll announce that soon! (So excited and giddy, I can hardly hide it).
What goal are you focused on right now? Do you have time dedicated to it daily or maybe weekly? How empowered are you feeling right now?? Comment below or send me an email.
Whether you have read about Why Not Wednesday and the other goal-setting days of the week or aren’t sure what I’m talking about I encourage you to celebrate your accomplishments this weekend. Even if your accomplishments were focused on determining what goal or positive routine you want to start and you haven’t taken any steps yet. Acknowledging a goal or new habit is a huge accomplishment!
This weekend (or during a free moment next week) focus on the one thing you want to accomplish right now or new habit you want to incorporate and fill in the blanks:
- My motivation is (fill in this blank) – so I can (fill in this blank)
- My motivation is better health so I can be more active with my friends and family.
- My motivation is to write daily so I can publish my novel finally.
- My motivation is to be a certified nutritionist so I can work for myself and share my passion for health with others.
- My motivation is to save more money each month so I can travel to a national park next year.
When you change the word ‘goal’ to motivation it helps you see it more clearly and by answering ‘so I can…’ it forces you to focus on your ‘why’ and outcome. For me personally, motivation gets me more excited and determined than the word ‘goal’.
Once you have your goal/motivation set and focus on your why you can develop your action plan (to do list) easier.
Using the last example above you could start your action plan with:
- Research transportation methods and costs to the state you want to visit
- Tally up all costs related to trip then figure out how much you need to save each week.
- Start putting together trip agenda
- Discover the best time of year to travel there
- Open up a new savings account to better track savings.
What is your current motivation?
Photo by Martin Shreder via Unsplash.com
It can be difficult to take a leap and begin the work needed to achieve a goal. Any type of goal can be life changing; focusing on your health, changing careers, starting a relationship or business, writing a novel, etc. Even a chosen change can bring on a bit of stress. Goals are fluid though, they change as you need them to, they do not happen overnight and you have complete control.
This is one of my favorite quotes – You can’t edit a blank page. As a writer I have sat in front of many blank screens and notepad pages and felt renewed when the page becomes alive with thoughts translating into words, paragraphs and scenes.
You don’t need to be a writer to understand a blank page cannot be edited. A goal cannot be achieved or adjusted if it’s never started. I’ve shared some realistic daily steps for goal setting here. If you are looking for a sign to get started, I hope this provides some encouragement as you read. You have the strength and willpower. Anyone that says you can’t do something simply sees their own limitations and fears.
Goals are personal, even if it seems like a common goal such as get healthier or start a business, no one starts this goal focus for the exact same reason or achieves results in exactly the same way.
- Find your why; the reason you want to focus on your goal and the future you envision. Keep that ‘why’ close to you throughout your journey.
- Dedicate time to your goal and the steps needed; small steps are still steps!
- Embrace your reason, your way, and your uniqueness.
- Find your circle of support!
- Take care of yourself no matter what type of goal you work toward, support your own mental and physical wellbeing. Caring for yourself is never selfish
What is your focus? What are you filling your page with? Remember, you’re capable, you’re unique and you have the willpower!
I’m not a runner, I’ve never trained for a marathon, but I have trained for presentations, content for short stories, job interviews, and learning new skills. Although, it’s all different forms of training a decision to accomplish a goal has to still be made. Every runner in a marathon makes the same decision to train and run the best they can. The reason behind that decision varies though. The ‘why’ behind the decision to train for a marathon is similar to the why behind any decision to focus on a goal.
Your ‘why’ is your motivation.
Maybe you want to travel, advance in your career, change careers, move out of state (or the country), spend more time with your family…whatever your ‘why’ is…use that to motivate your action behind focusing on your goal.
A goal to write a book, finish a degree, learn a new program at work, get healthier or accomplish something that will bring you pure joy deserves as much focus and training as one does for an intense marathon.
Once you define the goal you want to focus on you can start to train.
- Dedicate time to it daily
- Celebrate accomplishments
- Accept the fact that you deserve to run your race your own unique way (for your unique reason why)
- Even when it seems tough, keep going
- Remind yourself of your ‘why’
- Remember setbacks are not the same as quitting
- Keep going, keep training, keep accomplishing
So… how do you train…why are you training?
Nick Morrison via Unsplash.com
I hope you have been enjoying the weekly goal setting tips. If you missed the first post check it out here!
I’ve enjoyed hearing from so many of you as you share goals! Several of you have shared the desire to read more! Whether it’s for self learning/education and personal growth or to escape into a fictional world for a few minutes or few hours it’s been a popular topic!
If reading or reading more is one of your goals or something you’d like to treat yourself to more often I encourage you to visit your local public library (in person or online) and discover some new releases or close your eyes and pick one out of your own collection.
Reading just a few pages a day can easily turn into a book a month – a 300 page book can be read in a typical month by reading just 10 pages a day!! Imagine what you could learn or discover in 12 new reads a year!
Places to read:
- Lunch break
- While waiting for an appointment
- On the bus or subway
- During a child’s sport’s practice or music lesson
- Waking up earlier in the morning or setting aside time each evening
- Audio books open up many other options; while driving, working out, during certain routine job tasks, etc.
And if you are the adventurous reader looking for a unique personalized reading discovery I encourage to join my fun (or silly) new adventure – The Book Muse Society!
What is The Book Muse Society?
Since I enjoy combining my love of bargain hunting and reading I’d like to share that joy with an opportunity for fellow readers through the book muse society. For those who enjoy the mystery of discovering new authors and books including options for adult, young adult, and children!
How does it work?
- Email me with the subject line Book Muse Society – say hello and why you are interested.
- I’ll personally respond with a few questions about your reading preferences, genre likes and dislikes, etc.
- I’ll go on the hunt and search out an interesting gently used book surprise chosen just for you!
- All gently used books will be like new or very good condition. Some books will be in new condition, recently published or well known classic and/or popular reads.
- For a small fee to cover the book cost, shipping, packing and time I will send you the surprise treasure wrapped with an encouraging quote and positive challenge.
- Enjoy the reading discovery and let me know a few of your favorite book quotes
- Also, makes a unique gift for adults or children!
- Currently, only available in the United States (due to costs). I hope to expand this in the near future!
The official launch will be announced soon through a free giveaway for two winners to receive free personalized book discoveries! Details coming very soon!
Whether you are interested in a gently used unique treasure or not, I encourage you to read as often as you can, learn as much as you can and read out of your comfort zone now and then!
What are you reading?
If you are not sure what a “Why Not Wednesday” means, you can read about it and the rest of the week here. It’s an exciting opportunity to start working toward a goal you want to accomplish!
After several conversations with friends and colleagues, one main topic is a desire for a better morning routine. So let’s focus on some details.
Why Not Wednesday is a perfect day to define what a perfect morning routine would look like. It might look something like one of these:
- I want to read 10 pages of a book each morning and meditate for 15 minutes without interruption. Why – Because I have a long book list and have not been able to find time to finish a book in a long time and it brings me joy. Meditation will help me decrease my stress. Once my stress is less I can focus on more goals!
- I want to meditate and do yoga before work each morning. Why? I feel stiff and tired most days. I think meditation will help clear my mind and yoga will help me relax and stretch my muscles.
- I want to wake up in time to make a healthy breakfast before I leave for work. Why? I don’t eat as healthy as I’d like once I leave my home. Eating at home will be healthier, cheaper and provide a creative outlet since I love to cook!
- I want to start walking in the mornings with my spouse. Why? We have talked about it for a long time, but never committed to actually doing it. I know we will enjoy the quiet time together and once we feel healthier we can focus on other exercise goals and maybe even train for our first marathon together!
- I want to write 10 pages of the novel that I have put off for way too long. Why? It’s quiet in the morning and I could easily get up 30 minutes earlier and only write, no edits, just write every day. Once I finish my draft, I can edit and submit it to an agent!
- I want to paint the sunrises in the mornings. Why? Painting has always relaxed me and mornings are quiet and offer nature in a beautiful light. Once I have a few finished I might try to sell them at a local craft show!
See how each “I want” is followed up with a why? And how some of those lead to other goals. That is how it should be…one goal should inspire others!
Why Not is the first step (it’s that simple!). You don’t have to figure it all at once. Have you defined a goal today? Congratulations! Share it below! I encourage you to start tossing around ideas for Tackle it & Transform Thursday.