With my blend of administrative assistant/coordinator and writing experience, I offer a unique and professional perspective to any project! I have 23 plus years as an administrative professional in the education and non-profit fields. During my personal and professional career and education experience, I have developed skills I would value and appreciate sharing with your students or employees. I am also a blogger! I love sharing my knowledge about career searches, side gigs, and interviewing and I am passionate about self-care tips and sharing encouragement and inspiration with others! How do you self-care?
I can help develop communications plans, handbooks, professional development topics, evaluation outlines, and more. I have dedicated time and additional research to hone in on my presentation skills and learn more about the education system including Missouri Learning Standards.
Over the past 23 plus years, while working as a professional assistant and coordinator, I have published career and creative articles, product descriptions, professional business writing, provided resume and editing services, been an active interview committee member, volunteered my writing skills to the Girl Scout magazine & award bio descriptions, staff senate chair, written ‘one-liners’ for a restaurant app, and presented motivational and professional development topics to students and employees.
I have also written dozens of short stories (published a few too!), outlined and drafted novels, children’s’ stories, scripts and other fiction. I enjoy researching professionally and adding my unique creativity to various writing requests!
I have attended writing conferences, professional conferences, completed writing and business courses, read numerous books and articles about the education system, writing and business, subscribed to countless newsletters and blogs, talked with other authors, educators, students, and business owners.
Even after 25 plus years of filling notebooks with my words, and learning from others, I know I will continue seeking and learning.
- I’ve expanded my love of the vintage typewriter by creating unique gifts!
- I am in current edit mode for my new book – Assist Yourself – based on my professional and personal experiences with an emphasis on action plans, goal-setting, career, communication and other fundamental skills (and more!) And creating Teach Yourself which includes an entire expansion about BIPs!
- I have been invited to be a guest blogger with Office Dynamics!!! I’m so excited about this opportunity!
- Now Available– the Enrichment version of ‘A Year in the Life of…’ Goal-setting and focused planner
- I’m finishing my second draft of four children’s stories, learning Adobe illustrator, loving Adobe Spark, blogging, being inspired and creative as often as possible, editing Purified Revenge and baking as often as I can!
I have a surplus of ideas floating around in my head on any given day. I know my knack for adding pure emotion to my own writing is a gift from God.
I am happily married to my high school sweetheart, sister to the best sister ever, aunt to the most amazing nephew, daughter of a muse, lover of coffee, thrift stores, The Twilight Zone, and books. I am inspired by those living their dream even if their primary focus is on daily tasks and commitments…they still find time for their dreams.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I wish you much success!
2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 Dana Buchanan
Except as permitted by the copyright law applicable to you, you may not reproduce or communicate any of the content on this website, including files downloadable from this website, without the permission of the copyright owner.