Reposting – Because I find this method helpful when I need to define & focus on a goal and at times when I need to get back on track! Questions? Please comment below or contact me.
If you are not sure what “Why Not Wednesday” means, you can read about it and the rest of the week here. It’s an exciting opportunity to start working toward a goal you want to accomplish!
After several conversations with friends and colleagues, one main topic is a desire for a better morning routine. So let’s focus on some details.
Why Not Wednesday is a perfect day to define what a perfect morning routine would look like. It might look something like one of these:
- I want to read 10 pages of a book each morning and meditate for 15 minutes without interruption. Why – Because I have a long book list and have not been able to find time to finish a book in a long time and it brings me joy.
- I want to meditate and do yoga before work each morning. Why? I feel stiff and tired most days & my stress level has been higher than normal. Meditation will help me decrease my stress and will help clear my mind. Yoga will help me relax and stretch my muscles. Once my stress is less & I am not as tired I can focus on more goals.
- I want to wake up in time to make a healthy breakfast before I leave for work. Why? I don’t eat as healthy as I’d like once I leave my home. Eating at home (or preparing a meal to take with me) will be healthier, cheaper and provide a creative outlet since I love to cook!
- I want to start walking in the mornings with my spouse. Why? We have talked about it for a long time but never committed to actually doing it. I know we will enjoy the quiet time together and once we feel healthier we can focus on other exercise goals and maybe even train for our first marathon together!
- I want to write 10 pages of the novel that I have put off for way too long. Why? It’s quiet in the morning and I could easily get up 30 minutes earlier and only write, no edits, just write every day. Once I finish my draft, I can edit and submit it to an agent!
- I want to paint the sunsets. Why? Painting has always relaxed me and being mindful of the evening’s beauty will help me unwind and even sleep better. Once I have a few paintings finished I might try to sell them at a local craft show!
See how each “I want” is followed up with a why? And how some of those lead to other goals. One goal might even inspire others!
Why Not is the first step (it’s that simple!). You don’t have to figure it all at once.
Have you defined a goal today? Congratulations! Share it below!
Thank you for reading & following! Connect with me on Instagram for daily inspirational quotes & tips.